Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Out at a Rig

My dad works in the oil field. It's pretty cool because he's the rig manage. He works two weeks on and two weeks off. Even though he has to stay out on the rig the whole two weeks, we still get to go out and see him.  And that my friend......is AWESOME!!!! When my dad wasn't the rig manager, we weren't able to go out to the rig. Oh, and you might want to know that my dad stays in a shack and we go in there, not actually ON the rig. Well, I guess we did get to go on the rig once, it was pretty cool. I had to wear a hard hat. It was so heavy I felt like I was going to fall over! But that wasn't going to keep me away from having a grand tour of the rig (yeah, thats what my little sisters called it, the "Grand Tour"). It was really, and I mean  REALLY loud. The one scary part was when we went up this ladder and onto this plat-form-thingy-ma-bob (I don't know how to speak "rig") and it wasn't exactly what you would call completely covered. There was a whole bunch of cracks and I could see water/mud rushing under us. SCARY.  And then we went up really long stairs and up to this really-big-place-where-they-grab-the-pipe-thingy-ma-jag which I beleive is called the "floor". I know I should know this better, I mean seriously, simple names like "floor" should be easy to remember! I'll work on it though. I'm pretty sure I got the "floor" thing figured out, because, well, I've typed it about, I'd say 6 times. No, I'm not going to count. Anyway, I love my dads job. This is just a rig-sized-thought-thingy-ma-jig!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment